 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2344 (-20)
  Customized Train Engine - when? (Re: Latest catalog information)

Hi Train fans, any news on this: (...) The image that I found says April 23 (that's only two hours away where I live): (URL) I was wondering if I missed anything or if it's just the regular LEGO delay that we all are used to already. Anyone with (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: More new pics of 2001 stuff

Please don't tell me that they are discontinuing traditional minifigs. Please. Mark (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  No wonder they were quiet when I made a suggestion.

Some time during 2000 I mentioned that it would be a nice idea if TLC/TLG did a couple of Dinosuar skeletons (sort of lego fossils.). I did not expect the idea to be taken too seriously .... What do I know hear rumours of? Dino sets! unfortuantly (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: More new pics of 2001 stuff

To all, I did just noticed that the images I have downloaded from shop.lego.com/... a few days back have now been removed and can no longer be seen where I found them. Someone at TLC must have noticed the 'misupload' and taken the new images back (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Oh, they do still. But you have to go to a specialty store for them. Examples are the Velux house, all the 2000 Shell sets and probably some others that escape me right now. The problem is not that kids want something easier to build, but what (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

"A. Mark Wilburn" <amwilburn@iname.com> wrote in message news:GB1B51.DzJ@lugnet.com... (...) Why be insulted? I think that separation is a good step for keeping kids' attention spans, and if they're separated it makes it a faster build for you too. (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Guess I'm weird that way; I'm almost insulted when I get a Town Junior set that's pre-seperated for me (but oh well, not like I can't just dump it all out) yet when I get a larger set I'd like some sort of sorting. Yes, you're right, if I had (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  RE: Ideas for new sets?

(...) Hi :) I'm very sorry to cross post this (see below) "Ideas for new sets?" lugnet.robotics thread (I think it should've originally been posted to lugnet.technic) *but* I think it's the kind of threads that become more and more frequent nowadays (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) I don't know if anyone else has seen the two new Mega Blok Pro Series sets, but the Harely-Davidson looked incredible! 1300 or 1400 pieces, all basic bricks except for a handful of specialty/accent pieces. $40. Expensive for a Ritvik set, but (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

Just make sure you refer to them as "legos" in the film. Since we've seen letters indicating that "legos" are _not_ the correct term for "LEGO brand building bricks", obviously no one would think they _were_ "LEGO brand building bricks". -gyug In (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

(...) Further, if TLC is unhappy with the types of expression generated using their "medium," tough for them. I'm sure there are manufacturers of oil paints who don't care for the finished painting, but that's tough for them, too. Several clone (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

(...) IANAL either, but what IMHO could be actionable by TLC would be a film about juniorization using Lego bricks to demonstrate. Just think of the depression and general negativity such a film could generate. But in all seriousness, if TLC thinks (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3AC348E7.531E34...est.net... (...) would (...) Because that is called marketing. Not saying pay everyone! - just the best. If they gave the most creative builders an incentive to create (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3AC348E7.531E34...est.net... (...) would (...) Heheh. (...) I agree. And TLC quashing fan-made films, for profit or not, is very bad PR. At least TLC should work with fan made films and develop (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

(...) It's called advertising. Cars featured in this way *sell cars* for those car companies. (...) Why in the world should TLC *pay* fans to play with their products? That would be very bad, because TLC wouldn't exist much longer with that (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) I really can't understand why you (not only you but other people who also said that) are so upset with current (I mean old) way of packaging. If you just open the bags to make piles of each individual bag, instead of a big common pile, I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

"Matthias Jetleb" <jetleb@netcom.ca> wrote in message news:3ac170e2.730407...net.com... (...) It seems quite the opposite in fact. Companies PAY to have their products featured. It is probably more about the prominant display of logos than the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: BrickDreams Update: Scene #8 Released

Micah- Your images are all stunning! Now *these* are some images I would like to see on a T-shirt with the caption "Building Imaginations" or something. <redirected to .general and .lego.direct> -John (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: TLC/TLG about to supress fan created films?

I think people are missing a few key points in this discussion. Consider your average movie or television show... some of the comments made in this thread have suggested that you can't use a company's product in a movie without express permission. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact