 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2099 (-20)
  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) I fully agree with this. If the design quality is up to par I don't care how it is packaged. -Mike Petrucelli (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

I think this is a wonderful idea. I think it would be a much better item for kids to collect than Bonicle. I also think that a tub like 3033 with grey, dark grey, brown, and tan as the four primary colors would be a "bestseller." I for one highly (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

(...) And darn it -- Murphy's Law -- embarrassing case in point -- I forgot to set the followups on the above post to lugnet.admin.nntp. Please, if you reply to the above post, manually direct your reply to lugnet.admin.nntp and not to both that and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Reducing the level of chatter in lugnet.lego.direct

The lugnet.lego.direct group is special in that it is a direct communication channel with LEGO (or, more specifically, the business subunit of LEGO known as LEGO Direct, located in New York City). It's intended for two-way discussions with LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Very bad wording on my part... whoops. And I'm out of my room too away from the newsreader where I can cancel posts. Rose - my comment about having a filter on Richard's messages was not aimed as a slight against you. It was expressing my (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Tim Courtney wrote in message ... (...) company (...) will (...) Fine, I'll just stop posting on LUGNET. (...) areas (...) I think you just did this by the above statement. Thanks for your input. Rose (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) I would like to make a suggestion to TLC: modularity. I'll explain and ramble a bit. I occasionally buy a Mega Bloks set for special colors, unique pieces, and fun. Mostly for fun. For $20US, you get a lot of fun assembling a large and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Basically, parents and kids are seeing the piece count go down and the price remain the same (or get worse). The less of an adaptable construction toy it becomes, the less justifiable the high price. I'm less willing to buy it for my son, and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

Tim Courtney wrote in message ... (...) and (...) I guess that this comment is directed to my statement about Lego disappointing me. I didn't really mean to be so cynical, I was just trying to be realistic. The town role theme really appeals to 4-7 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

I'm a little confused here. You don't want to waste time looking for the pieces but you want them all to be the same color and if they're pre-sorted into "minisets" you'd rather dump them all out into the box? When I built the UCS sets, it was the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

A. Mark Wilburn wrote in message ... (...) box. I have to disagree with you on this point. I have a four(almost five) year old boy and the mini set bags make it easier for him to build the sets. He gets frustrated when he can't find the parts. This (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) ... (...) That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? No, MB bricks aren't as good as LEGO. Nobody said they were... but can they be a satisfactory (and cheap) substitute? To some people, in some cases... definitely. This is especially true in (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

"J.D. Forinash" <foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu> wrote in message news:980vrg$1nq$1@y2...net.foo... (...) Actually, I think you may have missed my point. LEGO is in the position of Atari, Mattel, etc., not the other way around. LEGO is the company every (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) I think you're missing something here. Nintendo and Sony are in the positions they're in because when someone said, back in 1982, "The lesson here is that there are already companies out there (Atari, Mattel, etc.) who will always be heads and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

"Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message news:G9qJwF.Gqu@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) that like construction toys. [snip] Mike, you have gotten to the core of what bothers me about LEGO's marketing strategy and direction over the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

"Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message news:G9qJwF.Gqu@lugnet.com... (...) an (...) kids (...) know (...) How sad, but true. (...) YES!! We *are* the ones making sense here, those who have observed the decline of LEGO products and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

(...) Yet this "marketing reasearch" directly contradicts that which I observed as an Assistant Manager at KB Toys. As my original post stated many parents and kids thought Mega Blocks sets were the good Lego sets. Most of the people that know the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Mike Petrucelli wrote in message ... (...) I think that it was interesting, but this topic has been discussed numerous times. One Lego employee wrote about it (URL) you might imagine, the lack of time is one of the significant factors that hinders (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.

"Mike Petrucelli" <lordinsanity@usa.net> wrote in message news:G9LsFJ.Cu3@lugnet.com... (...) I'm not so sure I'd be that optimistic, really. From what I've learned about the company, its hard to effect policy which is decided in Billund. The (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact