 LEGO Company / 187
Re: Pokemon blitzes Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:51:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Eric Joslin writes:
Frankly, blaming their losses on Pokemon seems like a bit of a cop out.
Pokemon was just as (if not more) popular in 1999 as in 2000, and they managed
to run a profit that year.

I hate to post me too posts, but ...
Blaming losses on Pokemon may be a good cover for the news and for Joe
Public, but if people inside the company *really* think that Pokemon is at
fault for their sales drop, they need to get sacked. Lego (and the rest of
the toy market mind you) has survived LOTS of fads. Kids ALWAYS are
attracted to them, and end up opting for fad toys. As far as I'm concerned
the Pokemon fad is only a very small chunk of the business they 'might' have
had in its absence.

DaveE