 Inventories / 159
    Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —David Hurley
   Greetings all, I was discussing some time-saving MOC parts ideas and I came up with an idea for a software utility that could significantly reduce the amount of time spent digging around for loose parts. Currently, to the best of my knowledge, when (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

        Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Ray Sanders
     (...) I believe you can propagate your Wanted list via an XML upload. The trick then is to build an offline XML file and put it up there. See here ... (URL) to .market.brickshops (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

         Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —David Hurley
     (...) This is nice. I didn't know it existed. XML ... duh! But that only inputs your parts list to the engine. It does save some time, but that is only part of the proposed solution. Dave H. (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

        Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Orion Pobursky
     (...) You could try BrikTrak. If I recall, it has a DAT file upload feature and it interfaces with Bricklink. (URL) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

        Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Jason S. Mantor
     I wrote a utility, for my own use, about two years ago that takes a .dat file and attempts to find "best" way to buy the parts via BrickLink. I'd planned to produce custom sets and source the parts for them this way. It was working well when last I (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

         Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Tim David
     (...) I beleive that this is the hardest part of the automated 'from-CAD-to-shop' process. There are so many variables, obviously element avaialability but also price and geographical location. Also when using the By Shop sorting feature in (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

         Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Jason S. Mantor
     (...) Yes. the sheer number of combinations can quickly get ridiculous and it gets hard to evaluate which is "best." I cheated by making a few asumptions. I'll share them when I dig up the code, I don't remember the details off hand. -JSM (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

        Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Ahui Herrera
     ---snip--- There are two soultions that I know of. 1) Create a .LDR file with the parts you want to buy 2) Download and install (URL) 3) Upload your .LDR file to briktrak and it will link to bricklink and provide you a list of stores that have your (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

        Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Erik Olson
     As a seller, I find this talk disturbing. My job is to take many sets apart and consolidate the pieces. If someone can easily place an order for all the parts from one set... An order of many lots of onesies or twosies is unprofitable because it (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

         Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Ross Crawford
      (...) Simple, just cancel the order. If your ToS restrict such orders, then you are within your rights to refuse the service. ROSCO (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

         Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —David Hurley
     (...) FWIW Such a tool could be used on the seller side as well. So all you'd have to do was fill the order, or like was already said, set flags according to your ToS to only fill orders of a certain size or more. There's no point in speeding up the (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

        Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Tim David
     There is of course the option on Bricklink of uploading an XML file into your wanted list. If you could make a program that reformats an MLCad parts list into the required XML format you would be halfway there. I have tested this function with a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

         Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Orion Pobursky
     (...) The problem with this (and with Briktrak) is that there are a few Bricklink parts whose numbers are not the same as the LDraw parts. There was an attempt a while back to normalize the numbering system across the main part cataloging sites but (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops)

         Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Jason S. Mantor
     (...) SNIP (...) Yeah I had to have a look up table for that. It was annoying but not insurmountable : ) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.market.brickshops)

        Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink —Robert Fries
   (...) If you go into BrickLink's "Search", then "Find Stores", you can upload an XML file of all the parts you want, and it will find the stores which have all (or most) of those parts. There's a help file on how to build the XML file (URL) here>. (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)