 Instructions / 498
  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I don't get 'basic building instructions,' but I do get Building Instructions vs. Building Instruction Images. LPub (when you don't use the wonderful post-processing page layout features) outputs a series of images that just represent the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) BBI came out in my mind becuase I wanted a narrow term for "polished BII in a layout". BBI and BII are both subsets of BIs. I chose BBI to get the acroynms all with the letters "B" and "I". BBI could also be called "Background Building (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I would suggest that trying to make acronyms for the same project all similar (using 'B' as you noted above) will actually lead to confusion. Quick example... try reading your paragraph above out loud. I think you'll find it's a mouthful. :) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

"snip" (...) You are right.. Thanks for this. Perhaps another set of words for BBI would be best? I like your "step images" word. "snip" (...) Yes I mean animated version of BIs. I know TCL has done this with some of its technic products via a (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I think there might still be some confusion (at least from where I sit) about the distinction between what you are calling BBI's and a complete set of "Building Instructions". I'm still hoping you can point us to a couple of graphical examples (...) (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) Yes. I think that step images is better than BBI's. Step images is generic. Part list images are one kind, and construction images are the other. I've used this terminology a lot, for lack of any better terminology. Anyone got a good name for (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

There are many terminologies that would be nice to lock down and they releate to levels of hierarchy of the images (and text) that make up the instructions: Graphical Building Instructions Front Cover Completly assembled model image Bill of (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

Reposting not FTX'd -Orion There are many terminologies that would be nice to lock down and they releate to levels of hierarchy of the images (and text) that make up the instructions: Graphical Building Instructions Front Cover Completly assembled (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I thought that ftx was optional. Why did you repost it as ftx? Kevin (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) No, you posted it as FTX, I posted it plain text. The defualt for a given post is based on whether or not the parent message was FTX or not. In this case the parent post was FTX and you forgot to switch back to plain text causing your table to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) Thanks Orion. Kevin (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

Ahui, Do you have any feedback on the below? Suggestions for specific names? Names for classes of images, etc? This post was to help you understand all the layers of stuff, so we could decide on good names and then all use the same dictionary. I'm (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I don't have any comments about it at the moment, but being that you have authored the 1st BI term page. =) I think we should used your page as our foundation. Perhaps you can "volunteer" again =) and write definitions for each of the terms. I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I think I've already written a book that does this, which you haven't read :^) If you had you wouldn't have posted the original post that got all this going! Sure I'll add definitions for all the terms I use. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

Overview Model - the entire design being described by the building instructions. Building steps - the sequence of steps where parts are added to assemble the entire model. Sub-model - portions of the model that are described as their own set of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

'snip' (...) I'm in the same boat as you on this issue of "book topics". I'm still wrtiting tutorials on subjects that I already helped cover in a book with Tim but that does the general public no good, unless they buy the book. However as the LDraw (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Defining the "term" BI

(...) I know. I was just teasing you about the book thing, because we *are* both in the same boat. Notice I immediatly followed with the list. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)