 Harry Potter / 1482
Re: Color confusion regarding 4755 Kinght Bus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:58:30 GMT

The HP Knight Bus (4755) is now available in limited quantities in the UK.  I
have two of these next to me as I type ...

In lugnet.harrypotter, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Don Heyse wrote:
Forget about the box art and the fig.  Look closely at the bricks
on the bus.  Two different shades of purple.  No doubt the bricks
are the old purple we've grown to love, and the windows are the
new improved purple.

Hmm.  I saw it in person and I never even noticed a color discrepency.  I was
about to chalk it up entirely to digital camera oddness, but my pics show a
difference (if noticably less pronounced) as well:
There is a very, very slight colour variation between the bricks/plates and the
windows/curved parts but it could be due to the lack of studs giving a more
polished appearance than an actual difference in the ABS mix.  You have to look
very, very hard to see it.

Does anybody know what the BrickLink name for the purple colour is as it is
neither Purple, Violet (or Lt Violet) as this image shows
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/whoward69/misc/colours/purple1.jpg
the top row of 8x8 plates are from the HP sets with cardboard backscenes, while
the two 4x4 plates on the bottom are from the HP Knight Bus set.

regards

William