 Harry Potter / 1461
Re: Color confusion regarding 4755 Kinght Bus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:38:39 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Douglas Brod wrote:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Ray Sanders wrote:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Don Heyse wrote:
Forget about the box art and the fig.  Look closely at the bricks
on the bus.  Two different shades of purple.  No doubt the bricks
are the old purple we've grown to love, and the windows are the
new improved purple.  Get used to that look, because we're going to
see a lot of it in MOCs from now on.

OK, I would find it a bit of a leap that TLC would ship it like
that. I can see where some parts did not prev exist in purple and
had to made just for this set (which would mean new shade of purple
or even violet) and that the parts in the other shade were some
that the model shop already had some in stock (old color).  If this
is truly how it will look when shipped, then TLC has sunk to a new
low in quality, but I still don't buy it.

I don't expect it to ship like that either.  I just said to expect to
see a lot of future MOCs looking like that, because that's how they're
going to look whenever you make something from the new colors that
eventually ship and any bricks that you already own.  Better get used
to it.

By the way, how are ordinary people supposed to figure out what
they're buying or selling on bricklink when every single color exists
in multiple, slightly different shades?  Oh wait, that's it!  Planned
obsolesence.  Continuously changing the colors is Lego's new found way
of killing the aftermarket.  You want bricks that match?  You've gotta
buy more of the latest sets from the original source, Lego.

Don