 Harry Potter / *952 (-20)
  Set 4711 - Flying Lesson - Found on the Shelves!

Yesterday I used holiday shopping as an excuse to drive around Richmond, Virginia and scout out some LEGO bargains. My journeys took me to a Kohl's that I hadn't visited since this time last year when I scarfed up a stack of Twisted Time Trains for (...) (23 years ago, 16-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

(...) Yes. (...) Yup. (...) Yes. (...) Yes. (...) Or that means that the train isn't compatible with tracks at all, being just a push toy. -John (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: HP Hogwarts Express and normal 9V trains?

Hello! Excuse me for being dense, but I'd like to make sure I understand this: (...) So if I'd give my kids the HP train, they'd have to cannibalize their existing 9V set in order to put the HP on the rails (not to mention motorization)? Or I'd have (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  2002 HP pics @ Lego.com

These may have been mentioned already but they are new to me... (I am soooo behind on everything...) I found Flying Lesson and Gringotts when using the search box at Lego.com and putting in 2002. (URL) I followed regular links from these to the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) I agree with Ben. I hate the large moulds (SPUD/BURP/POOP pieces), but I think what the roof does far outweighs its limited uses in MOCs. (...) This is the main thing - it keeps the cost down, and the way it lets the hut open out is a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) <snip> (...) No, I'm 100% serious about this... (...) Here I could not disagree more: I really hate new (monofunctional) molds (poops and whatever they are called.) This sheet is - in my eyes - the same as the paper behind the shops in diagon (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) What is wrong with the plastic sheet roof has everything to do with the tactile feel of the brick. These plastic sheets should never replace bricks when its possible to do the same thing with some other kind of brick form, even if they have to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) I really do not understand all this complaining against the paper roof. What is so bad about it?! If the set had regular sloped pieces instead, I bet the price would have been twice at high (that would have been a bad set then). If the set had (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) Yeah, I'll get it eventually. The Forbidden Corridor was actually a gift for me. I haven't bought any of the Harry Potter Lego myself yet. Though I fully expect to get some for christmas. Adrian (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) Yes right! I was glad they come in pairs: I have the sets mentioned before (4707, 4706) plus the Hogwarts Express. BTW: I really can recommend Hagrids Hut. In my opinion much better than the Forbidden Corridor. The corridor is just nice (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Who is that guy?

He was apparently a poltergeist. Rick Mayal (Young Ones, Bottom) played him in the film to be cut out completely, something about him making the storyline good I think :) James "Adam Murtha" <adammurtha@shaw.ca> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Who is that guy?

(...) Except he isn't in the movie. 8^( (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Who is that guy?

(...) Yep, Peeves is one of Hogwarts' resident ghosts-- a poltergeist to be exact, and a bit of a PITB. BTW were you able to find the SW combo pack you were looking for? If not I can take a look next time I'm at TRU (those value packs seem to go (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Who is that guy?

I just got back from seeing the Harry Potter movie (which I enjoyed) and I started thinking about the Lego sets. My immediete question is who is the 'ghost' guy in Snape's Class? Peeves is the name, I think I've heard. Or was he one of the ghosts (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

(...) Harry Potter world than any of the sets that LEGO themselves produced for that series. If LEGO released this set tomorrow I would buy it. Do you hear that LEGO? If you were to release sets like this, that have actual walls and a roof... you (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)

(...) I am an outsider on both counts as I am someone that would prefer to read the source mythology over most fantasy fiction in the first place, but even I am excited by the LOTR movie. LOTR has stood the test of time, and while I somehow never (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)

(...) Speaking as an outsider, since I haven't read more than a few pages of Potter (though I'm casually familiar with the overall plot), I would suggest that one of Rowlings' greatest virtues is that the vast story she's crafted is one of very, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)

(...) Show me any book that is totally original. As a childrens book, which as you point out it is, I have to say that the series is building up to be an impressive set of books with the prisoner of Azkaban being my favourite so far. Yes of course, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)

(...) to (...) Never mind the film itself, what about the SW part 2 trailer? That was worse. SW has clearly drifted into the mainstream Hollywood bracket, with all those earth-bound shots of scenic beauty and lovey-dovey romantic diversions. Pah! (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)

(...) oo-er :) (...) yes the very same. It was over a character from the book of death, but he's not going to sue now (I checked) whoo hoo 15 days till Fellowship of the Ring -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact