 General / 8962
Re: NELUG at Mindfest, A quick summary and more photo's.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:45:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips writes:
In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Not a scold, but three very important people to note:

(There were in fact _lots_ of important people who didn't make Eric's list.
I don't think he was trying to be comprehensive and certainly didn't mean to
leave anybody out. There were a lot of people there, and I doubt anyone had
time to meet everybody!)

I'd like to mention several other people (not on Eric's list) that I was very
pleased to meet/meet again at MindFest:

  Dave Baum
  Ben Erwin
  Bob Frankston
  Michael Gaspieri

And as if he hasn't suffered enough indignities in this thread, I spelled
Michael Gasperi's name wrong.  Memory OK, but verification of facts better!

At least I was able to help him secure one of the coveted "MindFest Staff" tee-
shirts.  Perfect for sneaking backstage at rock concerts...

  Ralph Hempel
  Fred Martin
  Markus Noga
  Kekoa Proudfoot
  Mitchel Resnick

I'm also making this list from memory, and the entire weekend was just a blur,
so I've probably forgotten a few dignitaries and online personalities
myself...

Oh, I also missed yet another chance to meet Seymour Papert, but I did speak
with a few of his understudies.  Expect to see some really cool stuff coming
from them in the future...