 General / 8963
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:47:36 GMT

This sounds something like the other message that I posted last night.

See
http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=8881

In lugnet.general, James Powell writes:

Specific quantities from TLG (unless you mean large lots, maybe in
the thousands) may never happen again.  I really think an AFOL
clearing house has a much greater chance of success.  Let the
clearing house order 10,000 of a certain part, then deal with the
people who want 100 of this, 50 of that, etc.  Something like that.

This is what I would propose.  If we are looking for spicific parts, the first
one on my list (and Larry's too I guess) would be a train window and door.  I
-don't- care what colour (I'd prefer gray, but...as long as I can get 200-300
of the -same- colour).  The next part would likely be gray 1x4 bricks (from
what people have said).  Larry, are you willing to do the legwork?  or is • there
someone else willing to do the legwork?  we'd need a web page (at least I
assume so) and a selection of 10 (at most to start) bricks, and a color choice
for each (IE, 100 possible premitions).  Then, someone has to write a nice
letter (on a company letterhead).  We ask TLG for X pieces in Y colour, and
offer Z dollars to them. I know various people have contact names we could • send
the letter to.  Gary, I think it would be best addressed to your 'nameless'
person first.  The Quantity has to be reasonable, otherwise TLG will not agree
to this sort of thing.  (IE, we are talking 10-20 K $ on the first order)

I don't know.  Perhaps I am wearing rose coloured glasses, but I think that if
you approached the right person, with the money in hand (or ready to hand), • you
would get somewhere.

I'd be in for up to 500 US.

James Powell

Remember that to get TLG to work with us, we need to be flexible. And we need
to start getting a group want list with alternatives.

Jodi