 General / 8961
Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:43:48 GMT

Troy Cefaratti <mnementh@sbase1.com> wrote:
I think that if we got enough want lists like this, we could put something
together buying just current sets.  With a cross reference of set parts
lists, we could determine which sets would have the mix of parts most
requested by fans, and then get a large quantity of those sets.

The Star Wars sets are a good source for Gray parts as well as various
tiles.  (I think that the Sith Infiltrator may secretly be a grap plate
parts pack in disguise!)

Given enough requests, I am sure that we could find a combination of sets
that would fill most of those requests rather efficiently.

Well, people already ARE doing things like this.  I buy sets that
have some parts I want but also parts others want.  But I'm getting
tired of it.

If you want to keep doing the buy/sort/auction/sell thing that's up
to you, but you'll never be able to fill the kind of orders some
people would like to place - only TLG can do that.

I'd like 500 pitchforks.  Who will provide those for me? :(

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/