 General / 8923
Re: NELUG at Mindfest, A quick summary and more photo's.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:24:44 GMT

On 10/25/1999, at 8:42 AM, Eric Kingsley wrote:

First let me say that Mindfest was a booming success and we all had alot • of
fun.  We learned alot about presenting in public, both good and bad.  We • had
substantial interest in our table and everything went very well all • things
considered.

This is just going to be a relatively short post about the event and I am • going
to start posting more details about different aspects of the event • latter.  For
these other posts I will post them all to Lugnet.general as well as to • any
relevant groups that I feel would be interested.

Bring um on!!!

This turned out to be a Who's Who of LUGNET in a sense.  I know that I am
missing some names and I am sorry for those that I miss.  Please don't • hate me
its just that I met so many people I know I will miss some.

The following is a listing of some of the names I am sure some of you • will
recognize if you read LUGNET regularly.

Todd Lehman
Larry Pieniazek
John VanZwieten I + II
Bram Lambrecht
Kevin Loch
Eric Brok
Suzanne Rich
Eric Joslin
Shaun Sullivan
Dave Eaton
Henry Chea
Robert Munafo
Chris Phillips
Mario Ferrari
Matthew Miller
Paul Stauffer

Man, this like stinks SO bad. Of the five LUGNETers that I'd like
to meet the most, three were there :(
In case you're wondering my list is...
Tim Courtney
John VanZweiten
Bram Lambrecht
Terrell Keller
Eric Kingsley

Plus many many more that I know I have missed and I am very sorry please • feel
free to scold me for forgetting you by replying to this message.

We also got to talk to quite a few LEGO representatives (Yes bulk • ordering was
brought up and that will be the subject of another post).

Also our meeting Saturday night was a success we had alot of fun setting • up all
our stuff and just sitting around talking.

FUN!?!?! That's all it was?? It looks like it would have been a
BLAST(fom the past). Sorry, just had to put that. Sounds so cool :)

Well I don't want these posts to get so long that you stop reading them • and I
do tend to ramble at times so I will stop hear for now.  I have set up a
preliminary page with just 6 photos on it for now with many many more to • come
(My connection is not as good as Matthew's so I have to do much smaller • batches
and be more selective about what I upload).  I do have about 80 pictures • total
myself with hundreds more for other folks so check back often because I • will be
posting pictures for quite a while I think.

http://www.nelug.org/mindfest99/index.htm

More pics?!?! COOL :)

In case some of you couldn't tell, I wish I coulda been there.
Is the Mindfest an annual thing?? Is LEGO always one of the
main things?? Just think what it could be like next year if none
of you guys do something stupid like taking those totally
cool models apart.
Keep the AT-ATs, add some AT-STs, a Millenium Falcon, etc,
etc, etc.  Just think how cool that would be. You could do the
Hoth/Endor Rebel base idea.

I guess what the speaker at a Missions Conference that I went
to last week is sinking in, "If you're going to dream, dream big."

Ryan