 General / 8067
Re: LEGO Stereogram (see it in 3D!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:05:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main writes:
Does your camera have a special feature that enables you to take stereo pics
or is it a technique anyone can try?  If so, how did you set up the shot?

I think anyone can do it by simply moving the camera a couple inches to the
right or left... how far you move it affects how far away the objects pictured
appear.

This makes it fairly easy to do for still life photos, (like lego set-ups) but
difficult for live action shots.  I think there are cameras that have two
lenses offset by a few inches, but I've never actually seen them....  The only
problem with using 1 camera is you have to move it exactly to the right or
left, not up and down at all... otherwise you need to tilt the images to view
them... Might work easier with a tripod tho...

DaveE