 General / 6927
Re: 10x20 green baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:48:20 GMT

Well, there were a lot of sets in the 1970's that had those 10x20 green (1 brick
thick) baseplates with the tubes around the bottom inside edge.  Several sets come
to mind immediately - 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 148, 149.  Back
in the 1960's the grey 10x20 was the most prevalent baseplate.  In the 1970's it
was the green 10x20.  The green ones were also available (as item 700E) in several
different service pack packages of baseplates. Back in the 70's (I think) they
were packaged 2 (different colors) to a pack.  Grey & White, Blue & Red, and Green
& Yellow were the colors packaged together.

There are a few other sets from the 1970's (or later) that had these green
baseplates.

Gary Istok

chris wrote:

Allan thanks for the info,
Mine have the tubes around the edges, so 2 must be from #7, don't know where I
picked up the third one.

Chris Hill

Allan Bedford wrote:

I know that I got mine in a #7 Universal Set back in mid-seventies.  I also
got one in a #2 Universal Set, for which I still have the box, showing the
base plate as one of the parts.

These weren't buckets though, they were boxes.  In the case of the #7 set,
it was a large flip-lid style box.  The base plates were right on top when
you opened the box.