 General / 6739
    LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Brian H. Nielsen
    In a moment of insanity I agreed to anchor a LEGO section on Compuserve. It's starting from ground zero and I need advice on what reference files would make a good initial core for the library there. I don't want to try and put up masses of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Tamyra Teed
   First off, I know this used to be true, and it may not be anymore... I don't know for sure... Make sure that any files you upload to Compuserve do NOT become their property.. there used to be some services that took this liberty with other peoples (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Mike Stanley
     (...) Don't assume some corporate lawyer wouldn't be arrogant enough to assert that because the faq or acronym list was uploaded to CIS's file servers it suddenly became their (CIS/AOL) property. (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Brian H. Nielsen
    The Compuserve copyright rules and regulations explicitly state that owners of material uploaded to Compuserve retain ownership and rights. Compuserve gains only a compilation copyright. Here is the relevent document: ------- Begin ------- (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Todd Lehman
   (...) Wow. Does this mean that there are people who have Compuserve access but who don't have general Internet access? --Todd (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Tamyra Teed
     (...) Not really they don't have access to it, they just don't use it much. A friend of mine's Mother is on AOL, she never leaves the "grounds" of AOL to go out surfing anywhere else. I'm sure there are people like that on CS, and it might be a good (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Steve Bliss
     (...) Somewhat related personal anecdote: I first got connected to RTL, and finished coming out of my dark ages, when I was poking around CompuServe's usenet connection. At the time (1995), the interface was entirely server-provided, and extremely (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Brian H. Nielsen
   (...) They have access to the Web if they *want* it, but there are a variety of reasons many don't venture outside CIS. Some background: Many CIS members joined long before the Web and proliferation of local ISP's exploded onto the scene. The (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Todd Lehman
   (...) Yah, go ahead. The lists are at (URL). (...) Looks like you've got some interest there -- good luck with the area! --Todd (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: LEGO section starting on Compuserve —Brian H. Nielsen
    Thanks! Your support is *greatly* appreciated. I don't know how the Compuserve based LEGO community will evolve, but I hope it results in benefits to the LEGO community as a whole. LUGNET will continue to be highly recommended as *the* place to go (...) (25 years ago, 23-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)