 General / 6692
Re: 6419 Paradisa Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 12:52:30 GMT

Err - John. I - er - don't have a daughter. I'm nowhere near having
a daughter. I'm not even part of a couple yet. And not only that
but when I do start going out with someone, I kinda hope
it'll be with a girl who doesn't want any children.

I buy the Paradisa for *me*. (Or perhaps that should be "It is
for me that I keep not buying the Paradisa but if I had managed to
buy it then it'd be for me...") <grin>

(Of course, being single does have the advantage that I have
a lot more money to spend on Lego. And I can build up my collection
more rapidly without having to justify every acquisition to
someone and then getting looked at in a disapproving kind of
way...)

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:
Since they are no longer offered by TLG, you will pay a premium for Paradisa • (a
lot of closet pink fans out there;)
Maybe introduce your daughter to Belville, or Scala.  Watch out, however,
because if your daughter is like mine, she'll take a fancy to *both* $$$;-)

-John

Simon Robinson wrote:

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:
I recently had the opportunity to buy the 6419
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6419) Rolling Acres Ranch set
from an individual.  I don't have any Paradisa sets nor do I know much • about
them.  My daughter is getting interested in LEGO and really likes the "LEGO
for Her" bucket.  My question is, what would you pay for a used but in good
condition with box and instructions for a 6419?  My initial reaction to the
seller was his price was too high but maybe it isn't.

I don't know about that particular set, but I'm getting a growing impression
that Paradisa sets generally are valued quite highly.  I know I've now
been clobbered a couple of times on Ebay on Paradisa sets, despite
my bidding well above the sets' original retail prices.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com