 General / 6716
Re: 6419 Paradisa Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:38:16 GMT

Adam Howard wrote:

Hi John,

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message
news:37B90AF8.CAF7E5F8@uswest.net...
Since they are no longer offered by TLG, you will pay a premium for • Paradisa (a
lot of closet pink fans out there;)

I think Paradisa was largely undervalued when it was out.  It's sets had a
lot of nice pieces, the main problem I had with them was I didn't think pink
was a very good color for Lego.  That meant I didn't buy any until the end
of their run.  Looking back on it now though, I would have bought more.  I
especially liked the clear curved window/wall pieces.  I think the reason
Paradisa sets are at such a premium now is because many people were like me
at the time and weren't willing to buy any, but now they've seen that they
had some useful pieces in them.  I still don't like the color pink for Lego,
but I'd be willing to buy Paradisa sets for the other rare pieces they have.

Adam

Yes, those Paradisa sets were overlooked by a lot of AFOLs.  Maybe the pink
pieces were a turnoff.  I did manage to buy a few.  My favorite is that dark
pink (magenta) colored oval shaped plastic case set, a freestyle set I believe.
I picked up 5 of them.  Each one had some rare stuff - pink lamp posts, yellow
2x2 regular sloped outside corner bricks (very rare), white arches and slopes,
and of course the pink tiles, plates and windows.  The pink pieces will come in
handy for some Art Deco buildings (Miami Beach Deco style).

Gary Istok