 General / 6543
Re: do red minifig heads exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:52:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Koesel writes:
As we've said, the unprinted red ones were only available years ago.
You'd be better off in purchasing the relevant UFO sets today, and
simply removing the printing.  It is a small enough part that the
damage done to it by whatever you use to remove the printing should
be minimal and not very noticeable.

In fact, I did exactly this very recently.  I purchased the V-Wing fighter, and
used a Swiss Army Knife blade to scrape off the paint on the face.  I then used
a micropore cloth (which I got with my sunglasses) to polish up the head.  It
didn't come back to a full new-Lego lustre, but you can really only tell under
the closest of inspections.

eric