 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2241
Re: the 20-year old yellow castle set (was Re: do red minifig heads exist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:13:01 GMT

Robert Munafo wrote:

Wow, I just checked your web page and read this:

  "For as long as I can remember I have enjoyed building with Lego
  bricks. The first set I remember actually buying with my own
  money is the yellow castle set #375/6075. [which is here:
  http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6075-2 -ed]
  I paid around $50 to buy it from a Service Merchandise department
  store. I had saved up all summer for it." [1]

I was at my local town dump the other day and picked up a box of LEGO pieces
that someone had just left on the "take it or leave it" pile, and it was a
real find -- a large collection of old pieces, most in good condition. But I
was really puzzled by how many yellow bricks it had, and why there were so
many yellow minifig heads with no bodies or faces (was this kid sadistic?
8-), and lots of black 1x2 inverted roof bricks. I guess I must have what's
left of one of those yellow castle sets! (Alas, 1 or 2 arches are missing so
I can't actually build the castle)

- Robert Munafo        http://www.mrob.com
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13

[1] text from Ben Gatrelle's web page,
http://home.att.net/~bgatrelle/legopage.htm

Robert, contact me by email and let's work out a trade or sale for however
much you have left of the set.

Ben Gatrelle
ben.gatrelle@bigfoot.com
http://home.att.net/~bgatrelle/legopage.htm