 General / 55470
    Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —Abner Finley
   From the site: Enter the LEGO® Design Challenge (For the US Market LEGO Holiday Catalog) The LEGO® Holiday Workshop elves have swapped their sled for surf boards and left the North Pole to go hang-ten at the beach. While our tiny toy builders ride (...) (14 years ago, 25-Jun-10, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, FTX)

        Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —Joseph Gonzalez
   (...) i'm gonna say right up front that i've already submitted a couple of ideas to this contest and i need it to be clear that i enjoy a lot of the products that the lego group produces BUT does it seem a bit like this is a REALLY EASY way for tlg (...) (14 years ago, 27-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —David Laswell
   (...) It may sound underhanded at first glance, but that's all standard boilerplate. It has the following effects: 1. If you submit an physical photo, you surrender your rights to that photo. They are not obligated to return it to you. 2. If they (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —Joseph Gonzalez
   (...) thanks for the response, david. i understand and accept the rules. my main point was the cheap notion of 'let's have a contest to gather LOTS of ideas for (relatively) free rather than pay our on-staff designers to get creative'. ..jg (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —John Neal
     (...) That's one way to look at it, Joseph. Another way would be to acknowledge the TLC is involving AFOLs into their design process, a gesture for which AFOLs were screaming 10+ years ago. You may not know or remember what it was like 10-15 years (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

         Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —Joseph Gonzalez
     (...) hi john i definitely acknowledge that tlc has involved afols in the past (i feel strongly it's where 'legends', 'creator theme' and the whole 'factory' ideas are from--along with other improvements). i guess i just feel like our involvement (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —David Laswell
     (...) You're still assuming that the main goal of this is to glean ideas for use in future sets. On the surface, it appears that the main goal is to get cool models that they can use as graphics for the 2010 Holiday catalog. Graphics which in no way (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

         Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —Joseph Gonzalez
     (...) actually i did do some entries for a shot at a prize (blushing). but it turned out to be a great creative exercise in getting to know the LDD program (i usually use ldraw), using only the available parts in the program, building something (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

        Re: Enter the LEGO(R) Design Challenge —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) "We" have two of our own, at least, working as designers (in Pierre N and Jamie B) so I think there is little danger of the designers running out of creative juices. But ya. (14 years ago, 29-Jul-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)