 General / 54322
Re: Here's a question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:33:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Koudys wrote:
(since things are plenty quiet around here :) )

So you're at a show or flea market or somewheres where there are those selling
their wares...

You happen to notice a bin/tote/garbage can/whathaveyou full of LEGO bricks.

Do you get immediately excited?--"Hey!  A bin full of bricks that I have the
potential of buying!!"

Or do you sort thru said containers to see if there are any 'Wow!  A piece I
haven't seen since 1972!!  I just want this one piece and forget the rest!!"

Or do you say, "Ewww!  used LEGO!!!  Blech!!"

I'm definitely the #1 type.  I get giddy like a school-girl (no offense to any
school-girls here).  I'm getting better at playing it cool and having a good
poker face, but that's hard when it comes to Lego.  I've bought a few
collections at garage sales and a few collections from coworkers.  I put an ad
up at work and had three people stop by me desk to say they would bring stuff
in.  Pricing usually depends on what is in the collection, how much is MB, and
etc.

As for washing, yeah I usually do that when I get the collection home.  I sort
all my stuff anyway so it's just as easy to wash it right then.  A little warm
water, a washcloth, and a toothbrush go a long way.

-Dave