 General / 53682
Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:56:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Dave Sterling wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickworld, Melody KrÃÆââ‚
™Ãƒââ‚
ââ‚Â
™Ãƒââ‚Â
ââââ‚
šÂÂ
âââ‚
žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’Æââ‚
™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢ââ‚
šÂÂ
ââââ‚Â
šÂÂÂ
âââ‚Â
žÂ¢ÃƒÆââ‚
™Ãƒââ‚
ââ‚Â
™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢ââ‚Â
šÂÂÂ
Ãââ‚
¦Ã‚¡ÃƒÆââ‚
™ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢ââ‚
šÂÂ
šÃââ‚Â
šÃââ‚
šÃ‚¼tzfeldt wrote:

   In lugnet.events.brickworld, John Neal wrote: The subject line says it all! Although I am still recovering from the weekend and still need to post my pics, I’ll just post a quickie to say how much I enjoyed this event and that I’m already looking forward to Brickworld ‘08. Kudos to Adam and Bryan, and all of the Brickworld support crew! .......snip...

Keep the stories coming everyone! We love hearing about all the goings-on. It sounds like this was a great event and will be even better next year. :-) Stacy and I are glad to hear everyone had a good time and we want to see all your pictures. :-) We had to live vicariously through Joe’s online journal and Flickr page this year, but we’ll be there in the flesh next year!

-Dave

Where’s Joe’s online journal?

Keep the Flickr images coming. BrickWorld was a blast -- it was good seeing a bunch of old friends, meeting new ones, and finally meeting people I’ve known online for years.

A few shoutouts...
  • The NILTC gang
  • Orion Pobursky - quite possibly the lowest-maintenance houseguest I’ve ever had
  • Rich Schamus - One of my favorite AFOLs. So glad you could make it!
  • Greg Cross - who made me feel welcome by pulling me into his LDraw movie session right when I arrived
  • Bryan Bonahoom - amazing emcee and event coordinator
  • Adam Reed Tucker - thanks for bringing a fest to Chicago
  • Melody Krutzfeldt - after years of AIM, BrickLink, and mailing 1x1 round plates we finally meet
  • Rob Hendrix - your enthusiasm for brick mutilation and the cool things you do with it never cease to amaze
  • Joe Meno - I wish we had more time to talk about BrickJournal
  • Steve Witt - great to put a face with a name. Thanks for an awesome time hanging for dinner, lunch, and ‘round the TLC booth.
  • Kyle Peterson - a blast from the past and a great guy
  • Brian Williams - a pleasure as always
  • J2 - someday you’ll learn how to use LDraw...
  • Chris Magno - we meet at last, but it was too short. Some other time, for sure.
  • Paal Smith-Meyer - who probably has the coolest job at LEGO right now
  • Ahui Herrera - partner in crime and “MOC”-creator extrordinaire
  • Simon Kent - thanks for the detailed Creator product line tour!
  • Bryce McGlone - a stand-up guy who pulls no punches, and is single-handedly responsible for extra production runs of Ewok wings
  • Rob Ross (I think?) - we talked about LDraw development - go for it!
...and some cool people I got to re-connect with:
  • Abner Finley
  • Todd Thuma
  • Teddy Welsh
  • Cale Leiphart