 General / 53322 (-20)
  Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's

(...) Gary, to be honest I'm a bit confused now 'cos the scenario above doesn't follow any pattern. Since I'm solely interested in the sticker sheet number for the portuguese, belgium, french ... flags (to get them right at Ldraw's PT), would you (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.general)

  Event Report: LEGOPalooza, Morrhead Plaetarium, Chapel Hill, NC

Hi all, as announced previously, NCLUG was the host of LEGOPalooza this weekend at Morehead Planetarium. This year, the event was expanded to 2 days, and was earlier in the year compared to previous paloozas. This time, we had a Star Wars display (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's

(...) Willy, I purchased the #939 in Germany about 20 years ago, but unfortunately used all the country stickers and attached them to flags. All that is except for the LEGO Sticker, which is still attached to the sticker sheet. That's why I only (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's

(...) Thanks Manfred! Unfortunately the LEGO CD Chapter 12 - Promotional Sets only went to 1982. This set is a 1983 set in the Netherlands, but now that I look at my notes, it was a 1980 set in Britain, and should have been included. By the way the (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's

(...) valuable info but it still does give no clues about the sheet numbers! I have authored most of the flags for LDraw: (URL) where I used the sticker sheet number for the parts number. since we have also the japanese, US and belgium flag at the (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  nontoxic sealant for making lego dinnerware

I'm searching for a way to make durable drinking cups out of legos. I have not been able to figure out what to use to seal and/or glue the inside of a standard size drinking cup. Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks. Legomandan (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's

Hello Gerhard R. Istok, Your cross reference list is very neat, though I hoave to report a set that's still missing here: (URL) #1592> In my knowlege, there are at least two versions of this set: a UK version containing a sticker sheet with the (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's

(...) Opps, that's a typo! I meant to say the origions of the Australian flag, not British. The origins of the British stickered flag was never in question! :-) Gary Istok (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.general)

  Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's

Many of you probably find LEGO country flags (with stickers) mixed in with miscellaneous LEGO lots. Did you ever wonder just where they all originated from? Dave Shifflett of California brought this British EBAY auction item to my attention (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: new format

(...) page. It's kind of annoying that now it takes two clicks to do what I used to be able to do in one. It's a minor gripe, but useability counts in this day and age of instant gratification. (18 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The new home page

(...) i agree. as i mentioned in an earlyer post the only thing i would add is the traffic link: (URL) i literaly use that link every time i veiw lugnet and i hate hunting for it. please put the "traffic" button back on the homepage. ondrew (18 years ago, 1-Feb-07, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general)

  Re: new format

(...) Hi, Rene-- My site is also back up--many thanks for the quick fix! I also like the new homepage-- Matthew (URL) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: new format

(...) Hello René, my personal side is now fine again. Thanks for the fast fix! BTW, nice new main page... Cheers (URL) Marco> (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: new format

(...) Hi Matthew, it should work now. I will be attentive the next days, if you (or somebody else) find any misbehaviour of LUGNET, please post to lugnet.admin or write me an email. Thanks! Rene (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: new format

(...) Yes, it seems all the personal pages are broken, luckily the pages under newsgroups seem to be ok. FUT: .admin.general ROSCO (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  RE: new format

Hi-- Okay, now I feel silly. My LUGnet webpage has...vanished. I can't get to where it was; there's a whole bunch of neat, nifty stuff residing there. I like it--but I am now curious as to where my page went. I like the new layout, though. If I have (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: How big is the hobby and how big can it be?

(...) Ben-- First off, I’m new here. So if I repeat anything from elsewhere, I’ll just apologize now and be done with it, okay? As an AFOL (and long time LEGO fan!) I suspect the answer has something to do with the public perception of LEGO. Unlike (...) (18 years ago, 29-Jan-07, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: How big is the hobby and how big can it be?

(...) I second that. I'd love to see a sequel to the book, although I'm not sure of the market for it. Comments, Allan? - Kelly I really think as BrickJournal evolves over the next few years, much of that will be done. For example the profiles of (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How big is the hobby and how big can it be?

(...) I second that. I'd love to see a sequel to the book, although I'm not sure of the market for it. Comments, Allan? - Kelly (18 years ago, 28-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How big is the hobby and how big can it be?

(...) well i think the obvious answer is yes. lego unlike comic books, make you think. anyone who is talented as a lego builder has the ablity to think 3 dimentionaly and has a fairly strong grasp of mathmatical principles. (...) you have to think, (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jan-07, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact