 General / 51402 (-20)
  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

Hey Ryan, It is indeed a most impressive set, although as you figured out through painful trail and error, not the most transportable or even swooshable. It is gorgeous aesthetically, but structurally it' can become a nightmare. Don't keep it (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) I'm curious about one thing - did any pieces actually BREAK in the crash? (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 1962 Department Store Lego Christmas Display

(...) Thanks Allan, I know I have been promising the Lego CD for a while now, but it keeps getting bigger. It will exceed 700 pages, and that's only 1949-80. Volume 2 (1980-2005) will be bigger, but that will have to wait until Volume 1 is finished (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1962 Department Store Lego Christmas Display

(...) That's a great picture! I was wondering what sort of photos you'd have in your book. Now I'm even more anxious to read it. :) Regards, Allan B. (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  1962 Department Store Lego Christmas Display

(URL) Christmas 1962, this photo was taken at Detroit's J.L. Hudson's Department Store, which was the 2nd largest department store in the world (after New York's Macy's store). This store window display shows the Samsonite Lego series of set, as (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) I had mine together for about 4 months, and there was a good amount of deflection in the 1x16 grey technic beams attached to the front support. It's been in the box for a little over 18 months now. When it goes back together, I'll be sure to (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) I remember a discussion about the Star Destroyer when it first came out recommending adding an additional support to the front of the ship through the "hatch". I believe someone had pieces of the "A-frame' shatter due to stress. Mine has long (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: PromoBricks.com needs your help! (Pictures of Lego stores)

(...) Yup - I check that page often. The pictures there are ok, but not really what I am looking for. I would really like to have original content and larger pictures than what Lego.com has. I have got a good response from this posting - thanks (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) Ryan, you are leaving a $300 Lego model at work.... er um.... is it secure there? Or will you come to work one morning with nothing but a few loose plates lying about because one of the night time cleaning crew took a fancy to it? Anyway, I (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) Hahaha, in the first pic, it actually looks like the ISD is flying... (towards the ground unfortunately). -Bryan (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Anyone live near AL/FL state line, but OUTSIDE of FL?

I know this is a strange question, but I need to find someone that lives relatively near Pensacola, FL, but OUTSIDE of FL, as I am trying to get some dwarf hybrid fruit trees, and they don't ship to FL. Anyone? I can pay for receiving them and (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

(...) At first I wanted to say, "Man, that's criminal that they'd do that." Then I reflected on the hour of seething rage I had, between ten minutes of fixing it after getting it from my apartment to my car, thirty minutes of fixing it in the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

In lugnet.general, Ryan Holtz wrote: snipped (...) Lemme guess, you've never seen an ISD get tossed have you? (URL) check> (URL) these> I very enjoyable sight to see at Brickfest. Adr. (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments

Forgive me if this is a rehash of what was said three years ago when the original run of the set made its debut, but being as I was 17 then and I didn't have a job that paid well enough to feed my Lego addiction (or any job at all) at the time, I'm (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Ulmaris Castle

We am proud to present to you: Ulmaris Castle (2 URLs) Post-Mod Gallery> These pictures are only of the exterior of the castle. Interior shots will come after Brickfest when I don't feel so much like a chicken with my head cut off. Ulmaris Castle (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LEGO revival survey

Hey ya'll Here it is (URL) me know what you think. I will have some graphs and whatnot when my brain recouperates. Ta ta -Dan (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Printing Factory instructions Was: S@H ahead of schedule again

(...) I have also received mine, ordered on 7/29, arrived 8/3. Printing the instructions is taking forever. The darn PDF files have a background color which is totally unnecessary, and annoying. Anyone know how to remove the background from a PDF (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question about where to post

(...) It's entirely possible that it never came in any set in whatever color it is. Parts have a way of showing up at legoland pick a bricks that have never been in sets. Apparently surplus brick from the model shops is occasionally dumped in the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

  AoJT IV: Johnny Thunder and the Poachers of Prehistory (Preview)

Just a teaser picture... (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.general)

  Question about where to post

Where should I post a question about the source set for a particular piece? What I'm interested in is "In what sets did the XXX appear?" and there is no answer in the Peeron database for the particular color. There is one available on Bricklink, and (...) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact