 General / 51397
Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:42:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kristine Birnbaum wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ryan Holtz wrote:

Final judgement:
+ Looks absolutely amazing when finished
+ C'mon, it's Star Wars
+ Is fun to build
+ Comes with a fun informational decal with Imperial Star Destroyer statistics
+ Comes with another small model for a scale reference

- Far too fragile
- Still doesn't take very long to build for an advanced builder, so the fun of building is short-lived.

I remember a discussion about the Star Destroyer when it first came out
recommending adding an additional support to the front of the ship through
the "hatch".  I believe someone had pieces of the "A-frame' shatter due to
stress.   Mine has long since been returned to the box, but at the time I
measured the height of the 'A-frame' at the back and at the front and there
was a significant difference.

Can anybody confirm the long-term effects of keeping the model assembled?

Kristine

I had mine together for about 4 months, and there was a good amount of
deflection in the 1x16 grey technic beams attached to the front support. It's
been in the box for a little over 18 months now. When it goes back together,
I'll be sure to use a third support in the "hatch" area.

-nk