 General / 51402
Re: Set 10030 ("Imperial Star Destroyer") re-release comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 00:42:15 GMT

Hey Ryan,

It is indeed a most impressive set, although as you figured out through
painful trail and error, not the most transportable or even swooshable.  It
is gorgeous aesthetically, but structurally it' can become a nightmare.
Don't keep it assembled for more than a month, or (as you've no doubt read
here already) some of your 1x16 Technic beams will buckle under the stress
of the weight.

In short, it's a great parts pack (more so if it's still original gray!) but
break it down and sort it out and use it for your own purposes.

Dave S.