 General / 51188
  Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

I would like to know if other customers from Canada are more and more frustrated because of the Lego's fixed exchange rate of 40% (normaly around 1.22). Why, if the free trade agreement exist, and the closing of facilities in Canada to concentrate (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

"Andre Potvin" <potvin.a@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:IJ9Hwy.23z5@lugnet.com... (...) Can't answer all of your points, but on the exchange rate, the answer may be like this: Many global companies which do business in multiple countries set a (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) Salut Andre, don't know if you count me in those few big customers, but I didn't bought anything from S@H since last fall, I was waiting for an ajustement of exchange rate to follow the dollars but in January Lego kept the same rate, so I (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) It is strange. A S@H order used to mean paying US$ with a credit card and getting whatever exhange rate VISA used for that day. I'm not sure where you are getting the 40% rate from though. I just checked the pricing for #10143 Death Star as it (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) I just don't understand The Shop At Home prices : Death Star prices : Europe : 369.99 euros US : 299 dollars exchange rate : 1.24 Technic mobile crane prices : Europe : 129.99 euros (1) US : 149.99 dollars exchange rate : 0.87 (1) 129.99 for (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

The CAD prices vs USD, range from 1.25 to 1.55 I think. The biggest star wars set is 140 CAD, 90 USD, which is 1.55 which is TOTALLY NUTS!!! But yes some items are very close to exchange which is a good sign, like the Death star 400 CAD vs 300 USD. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) The Death Star example is the baddest one. If you are looking for the regular boxes, in general, the Euro zone is pretty similar in pricing. Almost all countries have near the same cost. But in North America, it's different. Lego practice a (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) All administration, stocks, Shop at Home services are managed from US. When we call S at H in Canada, all calls are redirected in USA. It's not a question of dealing with stock or money or repaid some expenditure during a business trip. It's (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) It's what we want. It was like that before and they changed the system. They have created a segregation between the 2 countries instead of removing barriers for the global market. More than that, S at H managed in USA for both countries offer (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) Hey Andre, You folks over in Canada (I live only 5 miles from the USA/Canada border, so I don't say "up in Canada") never seem to get a break! Even in the very first USA and Canada Samsonite Lego catalogs of 1961-62 there is a price (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

In lugnet.general, Andre Potvin wrote: (snip) (...) (snip) (...) Actually, if you call at 877-518-5346, you won't be redirected in the US. Helene or Rejeanne will be happy to serve you in English or French, from the canadian office in Toronto. :-) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) Hi Gary, It was a good time. But in these years, almost all companies where using diferenciation in pricing between countries. No internet, no free trade, etc. But now in 2005, with the global market, this old pricing method is questionable. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

By the way, the Death Star is only $299 CDN with the latest S@H catalog code, so now is the time to get it if you want it. Kevin (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) Would you be able to share that catalog code, thanks. (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) C5HE13 Kevin (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) This is a regular catalog ? When does this offer expire ? Any other kits that have such a nice discount ? Man, and I thought 369$ was a good price ! Now I will have to cancel my first order and make a new one. Thanks for tip. (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) As a Canadian, even as a kid I learned quickly that Being Canadian = Getting Screwed when it comes to prices. Everything is always far more expensive. You see something nice on US TV, and convert the price, and it's almost always (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) But Iain, there must be good things about Canada too.... I mean, we know clean air is a farse, and not enough murder isnt good for the population control.... Gee, there must be something..... oh wait, we do have crappy tire money and no (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada

(...) Hi Kevin, Thank's for the tip. I ordered this morning at $299CDN like you said. A very good tip. Thank's a lot Andre (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)