 General / 51212
Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 01:15:50 GMT

"Andre Potvin" <potvin.a@videotron.ca> wrote:

I would like to know if other customers from Canada are more and more
frustrated
because of the Lego's fixed exchange rate of 40% (normaly around 1.22).

As a Canadian, even as a kid I learned quickly that Being Canadian = Getting
Screwed when it comes to prices.  Everything is always far more expensive.
You see something nice on US TV, and convert the price, and it's almost
always astronomically higher.  Or just plain not being able to get half the
stuff, period.

Oh well, the air's cleaner, and we get 1/100th the murder.

    Iain