 General / 51189
Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:01:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andre Potvin wrote:
I would like to know if other customers from Canada are more and more frustrated
because of the Lego's fixed exchange rate of 40% (normaly around 1.22).

Why, if the free trade agreement exist, and the closing of facilities in Canada
to concentrate in USA all the services, including Lego Shop at Home, why the
Sales and Deals are differents?

And why Canadians have to paid 40% more than US when the real exchange rate is
around 22%.

I know few big customers in Montreal area stopping to buy Lego because of that .

I would like to have your comments on this point, if you spend less on Lego, and
if somebody knows somebody at Lego to correct this situation totally unfair in
my opinion.

Have a good day
Andre

Salut Andre,

don't know if you count me in those few big customers, but I didn't bought
anything from S@H since last fall, I was waiting for an ajustement of exchange
rate to follow the dollars but in January Lego kept the same rate, so I haven't
ordered anything since.

there was a discussion here last January (if my memory is good) about the rate,
lots of canuck are frustrated because of that.

Martin