 General / 51196
Re: Excessive exchange rate between US and Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 13:15:52 GMT

I just don't understand The Shop At Home prices :

Death Star prices :

Europe : 369.99 euros
US : 299 dollars

exchange rate :  1.24

Technic mobile crane prices :

Europe : 129.99 euros (1)
US : 149.99 dollars

exchange rate : 0.87

(1) 129.99 for France - 139.99 for belgium, that is just incredible !! -
curiously not available in Germany now !
What would you say if a set was (even temporarily) avalaible in Oregon at 140,
in California for 130 and not available in Arizona ?

Hey guys, any trouble with SatH Europe ?

The Death Star example is the baddest one.  If you are looking for the regular
boxes, in general, the Euro zone is pretty similar in pricing.  Almost all
countries have near the same cost.

But in North America, it's different.  Lego practice a segregation between the 2
countries based on nothing because they closed a lot of facilities in Canada and
when you call at S at H, all calls are redirected in USA.  They assimilate the 2
countries for the production, distribution and control of their costs, but they
charge more in Canada.  More questionnable are the sales and deals different in
the two countries.

We just want the same sales and deals in both countries, and when we are from
Canada and we call Shop at Home, they have the US prices.  Just take our credit
card and our bank will made the conversion from US to CDN$ the day we buy.  I
think it's what we call the global market?  Not good for Lego?

In my opinion, the North America is a block and need the same politics.

Good day
Andre