 General / 50043
    www.legoideas.com —Bryan Kinkel
   Lost in all the color debate has been coverage of 2005 sets. Looks like this URL went live - (URL) new page shows five new bulk lego sets. They are packed in suitcase style handled boxes, not tubs. Set numbers include - 4421 (1000 pieces) 4423 (800 (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.general) !!

        Re: www.legoideas.com —Thomas Stangl
   You know, I can understand not using tubs for the smaller sets, but it sure would have been nice to see the 4421 in a tub. Then again, continuity of the series might be lost if one were in a tub while others were in boxes... I know! Put them ALL in (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: www.legoideas.com —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I'd rather pay less for the package and have more of my money go to the brick. The new tub with the studs is not really a very good tub compared to the old one with the flat lid... it takes up a lot more space and doesn't travel nearly as (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

         Re: www.legoideas.com —Thomas Stangl
     Agreed. I MUCH prefer the older tub. But I use the new tubs for static storage, and my 200 or so old tubs for when I need to move something. But I need MORE tubs ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: www.legoideas.com —Allan Bedford
   (...) I think putting them all in consistent packaging (not tubs - see below for more) is a great idea. Now... getting stores to actually display them all together, so the effect (of similar packaging) can pay off, is another story. It amazes me to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: www.legoideas.com —Darrell Urbien
   (...) This already exists - there's a yellow tub that is sold empty at LEGO stores and I believe at LLCA too. IIRC they were lampooned on LUGNET ("$X.XX for an empty tub? What are they, nuts?"). Personally I like the big tubs with the studs, just (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: www.legoideas.com —Allan Bedford
     (...) Too bad they aren't available via Shop At Home, unless I've missed seeing them there? I've never been to an official company store or LLCA, so I guess I've never been exposed to these. Hey, now I don't feel like it was such a silly idea after (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: www.legoideas.com —Thomas Stangl
     Well, they're selling them for $6.95! A bit much, I think. Especially when I've found old Duplo tubs *with bricks* at a CVS or 2 for less than $10 (wish I had found a ton more). (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: www.legoideas.com —Thomas Stangl
   Geez, tell him to stack them up and sell them/give them to other AFOLs! What a waste of useful tubs (and landfill mass increase). (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: www.legoideas.com —Darrell Urbien
   (...) Sorry, should have made that past tense. Don't worry, he's not throwing them away anymore.. He's throwing them in the back of my truck! :) Darrell (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)