 General / 50043
50042  |  50044
Subject:
www.legoideas.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:44:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Lost in all the color debate has been coverage of 2005 sets. Looks like this
URL went live - http://www.legoideas.com

This new page shows five new bulk lego sets. They are packed in suitcase
style handled boxes, not tubs.

Set numbers include -

4421 (1000 pieces)
4423 (800 ??)
4780 (500)
4781 (300)
4782 (200)

Clicking through on a set takes you to a variety of ideas that you can
create with the parts. Each model is downloadable as an LXF file for use in
LEGO Digital Designer (LDD)

This page is interesting for a couple of reasons -
1. New bulk sets are always good
2. The term "bulk" is specifically used by LEGO on the page
3. Very close integration with the LEGO Digital Designer software

The legoideas.com page also has an updated brick palette for use with the
LDD software.

It seems to me that LEGO is really putting an effort behind the LDD software
and getting kids (and adults) to play with both LEGO and the computer at the
same time. Very cool.

Bryan