 General / 49122
Re: How do you clean a bunch of lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 04:09:35 GMT

I usually just take what I get at Yard sales, put them in a pillow case, tie off
the end, and throw them in the washing machine....so far I have'nt had any
problems with damaging the peices or anything...just use regular clothes
detergent and warm water....just make sure you don't put them in the dryer.

Tom D

In lugnet.general, Bill Vollbrecht wrote:
In lugnet.general, John Pannell wrote:
This is my first post and I hope this is not an oft asked question,as I could
not find one.I know there are a lot of ways everyone can clean their bricks but
to get them 'shiney' clean and not hurt them,is something I would rather just be
safer than sorry.Thanks.

When I used to buy old lots of Lego off of eBay, I would go through and hand
wash each piece. I would fill a tub with lukewarm soapy water (a mild liquid
dish soap work best). I let the bricks soak for a while and then scrub each
piece on all sides with a soft toothbrush. Then rinse em again in clean water,
and lay them out to dry. It gets the grime off, but it wouldn't do much to
restore the shine, but it helps.

I used to do it with ALL the bricks I would get, but it became so tedious, I now
only do the special elements, and leave the basic bricks alone (filler for big
models, or bracing for shipping).

When I have a large MOC I want to keep together for a while, I use a new, unused
make-up brush to gently dust inbetween the bricks. You can use a can of
compressed air too. I was always afraid to use it if the chemical propellent
might damage the brick, but we used them all the time in the modelshop, and I
never did see any damage to the bricks.

Hope this helps!

Bill Vollbrecht