 General / 49121
Re: How do you clean a bunch of lego?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:01:40 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Wilson wrote:
   John, Do a search on Lugnet for “clean” or “cleaning” - I think there may even be something in the Guide on it.

As far as getting them “shiny” again, that’s tougher, as the dulling of the finish is more due to minute scratches than it is to dirt. One trick I haven’t tried yet, but intend to, would be to dip Lego elements in Future floor polish. Scale modelers use Future as a glossy clear-coat and to give transparent plastic parts a new shine.

I also know some modelers swear by Blue Max car wax. I’m not sure how it’s applied though. They say it works great on aircraft cockpits. I don’t hang with the modelers much anymore--I wound up getting into LEGO instead of spending two years to make a model airplane. What can I say, I have an impatient side....

Scott Lyttle