 General / 47716
  Stunning new Maersk set?

Anyone else notice this? (URL) it's real, it looks fantastic! Huw (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) I wants the Precious... (drool!!!) :p Ben (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) It looks too fantastic to be real. But wow, what if it was... ++Lar (not going to fool ME any more...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

I hope it is real, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Too many people having "fun" (I call it cruelty) displaying "official sets" in the last few years. If it's real, I could see buying a few [dozen], maybe. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) -Bryan (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message news:40A3DB62.DBBE0F...faq.com... (...) True, but it's a pretty convicing fake, if that's what it is. The box has the right 'shiny-ness'; the cardboard construction of the box looks right; (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) The set number looks right. Its numbered right after the new legend Hotrod 10151. And nothing else looks off in the Brickshelf directory. Could be, but why no "Hey, look what I saw !!..." type post. I'm too skeptical to believe it yet. Mike (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) I hope its not real -- Lego has said many times that the Maersk color was not a current color -- and if it turns out to be a current color that would not hold up well for thier already shakey ground they are standig on. Also, its hard to grasp (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

Again, I'm not holding my breath on this one, but most Promotional sets are packed much tighter than normal sets, most likely because they don't need to worry about Shelf Presence (and many are Airline promotions, which NEED to be as dense as (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) If you squint, you can clearly see this one is done up in the New Universal Maersk Grue color. ;) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Of course you are right to be cautious, but if it is a fake, I doubt it was a faked photo. Whoever faked it, faked the box itself. The seems and lighting are just too prefect to be edited in the photo. Not that its hard to fake boxes, but they (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) I just asked TLC, and it is indeed real!!! Cool! :-) But as expected, it will only be available through Maersk Sealand... Kecia (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Wow. This looks real. In the slim chance it is a fake, the person responsible should be hired at Lego and put in charge of new set development!! If it is real, which I believe, thanks Lego!! Paul (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) ok, so how do we get one then? Do we need to ship some cargo with them or something? :) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) I spoke to Maersk marketing today and was told that they are only distributed as "gifts" to cargo shipping clients via the Maersk corporate sales team :( (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Figures...Lego will only sell these to Maersk, and Maersk will only give them away to their buddies...sounds like a crock of crap to me. mutters under breath... "not surprising Lego lost money last year, it has lost its good marketing sense. (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

"misbi" <steve@[nospam]honeygram.com> wrote in message news:HxpDKu.JpA@lugnet.com... (...) or (...) distributed as (...) I have just had the following reply from Maersk Marketing: "Mr Millington Thank you for your interest in the Maersk Lego sets. (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

Hi Huw, I saw the picture yesterday and I were immediately fascinated by this set. Today I called the german customer service and they said that it WILL be a shop@home exclusive set. The woman wasn't sure about the release date, but it should be in (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) What I think is most fascinating is that this set is microfig scale! (count the studs on the containers).. at least if I am not mistaken. However it will form a good basis for a minifig scale container ship I think,. (probably would need (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Welcome to Zork. West of House. You are in an open field west of a big white house with a boarded front door. (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(snippage) (...) If it indeed will be a shop@home exclusive afterall... and so far no official word, then I take back what I say. (...) (and whose sorry for making a brash post and replying to his own original posting) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

I'll just point out that because *Maersk* is only using these sets for internal purposes and not making them available to the general public does not mean that *LEGO* will not. Other promo sets ahve eventually turned up at S@H. And this set even has (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) I sure hope it'll eventually become available. Hope it's a good price too! (...) The question that's begging to be asked is - how many will YOU be ordering, Troy? :p -Bryan (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) I wouldn't count on it. No Maersk set has every been made avalible to the general public. Ever - only via Maersk itself (how you manage that I have no idea!) But if the start giving them as gifts - they should show on ebay at somepoint! (like (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) *SNIP* (...) No Maersk set has every been made avalible to the general public. Ever - only via Maersk itself (how you manage that I have no idea!) (Maybe its some legal thing between Lego and Maersk) cheers (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) While I'd love to see LEGO get their house in order, color wise, I'm not seeing that as a reason to NOT want a Maersk set. I lust after those stickers, I have my own projects I want them for, and it looks like a fairly (ok, really) well (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

"troy walker" <thepeloquin@NOSPAMH...tmail.com> wrote in message news:HxqwBK.CGv@lugnet.com... (...) only (...) Not true -- 1831, (URL) was available quite widely, in particular on the 'truck tour' a few years ago in New Zealand and probably (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Or, more to the point, how many will he not order, to leave for us? ;) LFB (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Wait, where did it say you had some sort of god-given right to have a promotional item paid for by Maersk, an international shipping firm? That's right, too frickin bad. This isn't something moral like not selling HIV drugs to African (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

snip (...) snip > This vitriolic entitlement to Lego sets (and for that matter, perceived (...) I don't think anyone here expects them for free, and you are *wrong* about Velux selling the sets. They sell them on their web page: (URL) under (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) I am fully aware Velux sells them online, now. But before they ever did (this was many years ago), I was told by this Velux staffer here in Toronto that they received literally a hundred calls about these little houses, first asking for them (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

I agree with you for the most part. I just felt I had to stick up for another fan who needed to let off a little steam and didn't need to be attacked for doing so. We are all fans here in some way or another aren't we? James (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Its not sad, its life. Or rather business. if you have a limited commodity, expect it. If you dodn't expect it, go back to business school. Sure its a toy, but a really popular toy. You think Lego fans are bad, what if they had an exclusive (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

In lugnet.general, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote: Oh, I'll take one more swing at this one, and I promise, I'll move this to the rtlToronto NG where we can snark privately :) (...) Yeah, but the company is not in the business of selling TOYS. To say (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stunning new Maersk set?

(...) Guess that just applied to the freebies as I just picked one up from S@H (via web). Grab a handful (5 max apparently), while you can......... Cheers Steve (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.general)