 General / 47774
Re: Stunning new Maersk set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 May 2004 14:48:11 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
Anyone else notice this?

If it's real, it looks fantastic!

Huw

I hope its not real -- Lego has said many times that the Maersk color was not a
current color -- and if it turns out to be a current color that would not hold
up well for thier already shakey ground they are standig on.

While I'd love to see LEGO get their house in order, color wise, I'm not seeing
that as a reason to NOT want a Maersk set. I lust after those stickers, I have
my own projects I want them for, and it looks like a fairly (ok, really) well
designed set. I hope it happens. Further, I hope it comes in Maersk Blue, not
one of the near shades, because that would be a further sign that LEGO and
Maersk have made up (rumor had them falling out a while back)...

Also, its hard to grasp the scale on that set, but a 988 piece box would be huge
(you know how big Lego likes to make thier boxes, most are at least twice the
size of what they need to be). And that box does not look that large.

Promo sets are denser than normal, historically.