 General / 46124
Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:42:55 GMT

Okay, so maybe I was a little harsh in my initial post.  I went and got one of
these to check it out.

These are better than I thought they’d be (probably better than the recent BK
Bionicle Promo and better than the Galidor promo a while back).  The set I got
came with 4 pieces: torso, legs, “boot”, and soccer ball.  The legs have a plate
pattern on the bottom so they can attach to any studded piece.  That’s as far as
compatibility with standard bricks goes.  The legs also have oversized
Technic-like pegs where any “arms” or action pieces attach. The head is
basically an oversized yellow minifig head, but the hair is permanently
attached.

Assembly consists of snapping the torso to the legs, and attaching a leg or boot
to one of the pegs.  When the torso is depressed, the boot kicks the ball.
Pushing down on the torso also squeezes plastic plates that act like a spring to
push the torso back up.  Kinda cute, but I doubt these pieces would see much use
in MOCs.

All in all, not a bad promo for the Lego Sports line.

Pics can be seen in my Brickshelf gallery:

Deep links
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/evansar/McDonalds/aut_8254.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/evansar/McDonalds/aut_8260.jpg

Regards,