 Promotional / 1043
Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 18:47:06 GMT

(This is a repost of an identical message I sent to lugnet general. I should have sent it originally to lugnet.promo, as well, so that anyone who may be looking in there for reponses to this topic could also see the posst and view these images.)

I got one and took some snapshots of him. The pictures are here.

Like was said, the only piece that seems to have any practical building value is the leg section, because of its compatibility with both bricks and technic pins. Though, as you can see from the pictures, the one I got was the red jersey, left-handed soccer player (not the white jersey, right-handed one). I’ve heard of at least one other person who got the red one like mine.

While I would much rather have preferred a traditional building set, there’s at least one good thing about the fact that they don’t look like typical LEGO: if you’re a closet AFOL who’s embarrassed to let your co-workers know your secret, you can put one of these on your desk, and they’ll just think it’s a sports bobble-head or something -- you can keep your LEGO out, without getting outed!

Mike “Count Blockula” Crowley
Count Blockula’s Lair