 General / 46084
Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:06:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andy Evans wrote:
   Has anyone seen these new sports figures at McDonalds?

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/news/current/conpr03012004.html

What are they thinking?? Man, this company has totally lost focus.

Better pictures here:

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/mclego.php

Regards,

Andy Evans

Do they come with coupons? I remember back in the 80’s that the Happy Meals which contained small Lego sets, also came with a mail-in certificate. Send in a certificate and 3 UPCs from other Lego sets, and you got a free set in the mail.

In the past, the sets they sent were

    1580 Lunar Scout
67 elements, 1 figure, 1986
LEGO > SYSTEM > Space > {Classic}
and

    6684 Police Patrol Squad
{77} elements, 2 figures, US$6.50, 1984
LEGO > SYSTEM > Town > {}

That’d be sweet if they did that again. Probably makes more sense to include a $1 off coupon these days.

John Riley