 General / 46071
    Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Andy Evans
   Has anyone seen these new sports figures at McDonalds? (URL) are they thinking?? Man, this company has totally lost focus. Better pictures here: (URL) Evans (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —John Gerlach
     (...) Oh, that's just so wrong... The only thing even remotely good about them is the fact that you can mix and match the pieces. But, will those pieces work with our existing bricks? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't! <sigh> JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Matthew Miller
     (...) It does say "Compatible with the retail versions". (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Kelly McKiernan
     (...) Those are fairly bad. I got some pretty nice McLEGO promo sets a few years ago, with all the foofy pink and purple colors, and these don't live up to those by any means. Even so, they're still better than the run-of-the-mill crud you get with (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Matthew Miller
     (...) aside, I would have been really happy, because I've been looking for a minifig face to represent me ever since I grew a goatee (at my wife's insistence) several years ago. And this guy: (URL) pretty much looks like me. (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —John Riley
     (...) Do they come with coupons? I remember back in the 80's that the Happy Meals which contained small Lego sets, also came with a mail-in certificate. Send in a certificate and 3 UPCs from other Lego sets, and you got a free set in the mail. In (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo, FTX)

         Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Dave Lovelace
     (...) Cool, I was wondering where the 1580 came from. It's been a while since I was 15 when I first got one, so I couldn't remember where I got it. Not in any of the S@H catalogs from that time period...just checked... --Dave (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo, lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Suzanne Rich Green
     (...) What? FREE Exclusive Clikits?!?! with food!? Wooo! I am SO there. :-D -Suz (20 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.clikits)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Andy Evans
     Okay, so maybe I was a little harsh in my initial post. I went and got one of these to check it out. These are better than I thought they’d be (probably better than the recent BK Bionicle Promo and better than the Galidor promo a while back). The (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Thomas Stangl
     (...) I took it apart. Unfortunately, the head is NOT like a minifig head - there's no top to it! The hair has a stud about 1-1.5" long that runs down through the torso and the black locking piece in the torso. The triangular screw screws into the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Mike Crowley
     I got one and took some snapshots of him. (URL) The pictures are here.> Like was said, the only piece that seems to have any practical building value is the leg section, because of its compatibility with both bricks and technic pins. Though, as you (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Mike Crowley
     (This is a repost of an identical message I sent to lugnet general. I should have sent it originally to lugnet.promo, as well, so that anyone who may be looking in there for reponses to this topic could also see the posst and view these images.) I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.promo, FTX)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Mike Crowley
     (...) I've also taken some pictures of this week's Clikits toy, as well. (URL) They are in this Brickshelf Folder here.> I'll make it a point to get the boy and girl toy each week and get pictures up of both. Also, I'm not sure how many different (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo, FTX)

         Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Thomas Stangl
     You should hit every local McD's while you can. I hit 3 different ones on the first day, and each had a different boys/girls toy. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

        Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds —Erik Olson
   I got the soccer player and I don't care if it's not a brick, it's cute and fun to slide around the tabletop. For the first time in a while, I fibbed about who it was for. -Erik (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.general)