 General / 45218
Re: WorldLUG into public domain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:03:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Troy Cefaratti wrote:

   Both Todd and Suz have lost interest in Lugnet. They have both “retired” from it at various times. While not showing interest in further developing Lugnet as the community driver it could be, there also seems to be no interest in giving control to others that would be willing to do the work.

I am very interested in that but unsure and afraid of how to bring it into effect.

Believe me, I understand the basis for your fears. I’m interested in discussing this if you are. I venture to say there’s a few good people out there who could offer excellent advice and guidance also.

   Open standards would help to overcome some of these types of “problems” in the community. Spreading responsibility out among more people decreases the likelyhood of one point of failure bringing down the whole system. I think it is an idea worth exploring.

I agree, and please let me know if I can help with facilitating discussion along these lines.

Open online discussion is a good thing - if people are interested in participating. Talking over the phone or in person is much better - its more efficient and we don’t have to second-guess each other’s intent by reading text. If the community wants to discuss such a prospect on LUGNET, it would be good to create a newsgroup for the purpose. I think we’ll get further though by finding a few rational, forward-thinking, committed people and talking in person where possible, and on conference calls.

Thoughts?

-Tim