 General / 45210
Re: WorldLUG into public domain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:00:03 GMT

   I think LUGNET would best serve the communtiy by orienting itself towards being an open standard. I think that’s what the WorldLUG concept is trying to solve. The truth is, right now you don’t find most of what you need on LUGNET. Better inventories exist on Peeron and BrickLink, the marketplace is on BrickLink, serious theme enthusiasts have started their own hubs, etc. But, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to find links to what you need from LUGNET. I believe LUGNET could co-opt this proposed solution and benefit...

-Tim

Community involvement is the key.

I posted all this because I don’t really care who picks up the ball: Lugnet or whomever. I’m happy to help out, too. But the ideas and intentions are sound community policy.

-paul