 General / 45211
Re: WorldLUG into public domain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:03:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   This sounds pretty interesting. You mention that a lot of it is coded - do you have a description of what’s already created, such as specifications, proof of concept code, features, programming language(s) used, etc.? I’d like to follow this, even if I’m far too overwhelmed with other work to be an active participant at this time.

I certainly hope you get some people to step up and continue what sounds like a very intriguing project.

Good luck,
Kelly

I have a lot. This was in development for about 2 years, but none of us had the time to dedicate to it. Some $$$ would’ve helped, which was why we talked to TLC, but they didn’t want to get into a standards/site war, which was probably pretty smart of them given what they’ve witnessed about how the AFOL community is so territorial

I mentioned in the interview that Phil Painter did with me that it isn’t TLC’s responsibility to organize us as a community. It’s ours.

Now that I’ve released all this, maybe the community will respond.

-Paul