 General / 44518
Re: Knights' Kingdom figures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2003 16:28:35 GMT

Hello!

   TLC needed far more Chewies than they need cypress trees (or monorail track) despite what the AFOL community might feel. My guess is that they made 100K-200k Chewbacca’s. I don’t see the demand for 10k cypress trees (much less 100k).

If TLC still made “friendly” sets they would need tons of (cypress) trees. They used to add one or more trees to almost every building (houses, police departments, gas stations) in the old days. Those many trees (and flowers) made the Legoworld in a child’s room a friendly place. Unfortunately TLC gave up on this in favour of more “aggressive” sets. Nowadays almost every model hast to support “play value”, and that seems to be defined as “combatting each other”. Yes yes, knights have been carrying weapons all the times. However, you got the choice how to play with them, you were able to play “peaceful middle ages” with what you got in the Eighties. Now the kids get a predifined “He’s the evil guy, fight him!” order. Every line TLC releases nowadays has good guys and bad guys, fighting is the motto all over the place. Green is a positive and friendly colour. There’s no room for nice green trees anymore, they even would thwart this martial directive.

Bye
Jojo