 Castle / 18923
Re: Knights' Kingdom figures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 03:28:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Kopanitsanos wrote:

As a mecha builder, i can say my mouth is indeed quite saliva-less :) Sure the
new parts might be great for making strong and compact joints, but that takes
the fun (and skill) out of mecha-building.

Why should the new joints do that any more than any other of the joints that
have been released over the years? I for one am looking forward to getting my
hands on some of those new joints, but I reject the assumption that any use I
might put them to will lack imagination.

Half the fun in building mecha is to
think of innovative new ways to do things.

So impress me with innovative ways to use the new pieces.

Who says you have to use technic pins
for a leg joint, use a surfboard! With these, people will think they are the
"Uber-Joint" and use these religiously. This could be bad because it may flood
the mech-building scene with Mocs created with little imagination (like bionicle
did [IMHO], with the exception of a few builders, AKA bryce McGlone) with people
taking these knights, and throwing a hastily-built gun onto it, and dubbing it a
mech.

I'm not sure how this is a 'bad' thing. Pardon my bluntness, but what do you
care how much imagination other people use in their creations? If they're
building and enjoying the hobby, isn't that enough? It's all good, and building
skill only improves with every moc.

But the positive aspect may outweigh the negative. When little kiddies see
making mecha isnt so tough, they might be drawn into joining the ranks of
mecha-builders, which would in-turn create more mecha MOCs.

That's exactly right. And if people post to .build.mecha with mocs you consider
'lack imagination', I would hope that you and the other masters of mecha will
continue to guide rather than judge them.

Cheers,

Allister