 Castle / 18907
Re: Knights' Kingdom figures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:57:04 GMT

At 03:29 PM 12/19/2003, you wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Huw Millington wrote:
Here a couple of pics showing the parts in the KK figures:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/p1010538.jpg

and the figure itself

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hmillington/Misc/p1010543.jpg

which I have put to good use, guarding the stock of light grey parts :-)

Huw

Wow!  Those parts are a lot less useless looking than they first appeared.
Sure, the head, torso, and shield are awfully single-use, but all those hinge
parts could prove quite useful indeed.  It's nice to see they're not all
single
pieces like Galidor, and have studs on them unlike Bionicle.

I agree with Adrian somewhat. I'll be first in line to criticize Galidor
and second in line for Bionicle specialty parts (like the masks) but these
seem to be half decent.

I don't like all the new molds they had to make to put out these parts,
though. I see almost totally new parts. I wish they would quit wimping out
and saying "oh, don't have a part to fit there? just design a new one!" and
instead try rebuilding and retrofitting to work with the pieces there. I
guess it's just a result of Juniorization, but still...kids these days
aren't total dummies. Sure, I'd say kids these days are more juniorized
than they were twenty years ago, but that doesn't mean they are incapable
of putting a couple score parts together.

~Mike