 General / 44473
Re: Hobby Show thoughts and afterthoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:00:25 GMT

In lugnet.events, Allan Bedford wrote:
It's been a few weeks since the The Hobby Show in Toronto:

http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=1026

And I'm curious to know what you think now that some time has passed.

I know my dad commented again on it.  If you are wondering, he was busy wearing
out my railway engine for TSME again...

I'd like to attend, but it depends on timing.  Since I have to travel right the
way across Canada now to get to the show, it isn't a undertaking I would take
lightly.  Having taken fairly substantial amounts of Lego around by
bus/train/boat/airplane, I don't favor it.  (and besides, my small(*) station
won't fit into a 108L tupperware container).

I'd view it as a way of showing off what _can_ be done with Lego, rather than
anything else.

Enjoy yourselves, that is one key thought from me.

James Powell