 Events / 1073
1072  |  1074
Subject:
Hobby Show thoughts and afterthoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:42:57 GMT

It's been a few weeks since the The Hobby Show in Toronto:

http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=1026

And I'm curious to know what you think now that some time has passed.

The 'you' I'm hoping to hear from is anyone who was a booth participant, anyone
who came by to visit, anyone who wanted to attend but couldn't, or anyone else
with a thought to share.

I'm just wondering (in no particular order):

- Did you enjoy doing a show like this?
- Was it more/less work than you had anticipated?
- Now that it has happened once, are you more likely to attend a future show?
- What was good about the booth?
- What was wrong with the booth?
- Did we have too much table space?  Too little?
- Is it worth doing this show again next year?
- If we did attempt this again next year, what needs to change and what needs to
stay the same?
- Did the 'mailing list' idea work?  Did those who wanted information get what
you were expecting?
- Did the 'Can-Brick Builders' name/concept work?  Or was it just too confusing
to explain to people who these people were?  Should it have been called
rtlToronto++ or some other name that would have better indicated who was
participating?
- If you decided not to attend (for whatever reason) what might entice you to
attend a future show?

And, of course, any other thoughts or suggestions you may have.

I'm not really trying to start a discussion about next year's Hobby Show, but
rather to take a look at this year's show and see how everyone feels about our
accomplishment.  I'm not expecting everyone to answer every question, but
perhaps you can share your thoughts on those topics that you feel strongly
about.

Thanks in advance!
Allan B.