 General / 44185
  an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

I've decided I'm just going to start buying these sets, and then returning them - opened - saying that "these grey pieces don't match the grey pieces I already have..." Yea, it's petty, but if enough people started doing it I guarantee you it would (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) TO be honest, I think it's a pretty lame idea. Either way, there is no way the handful of us adults will make the impact you want to make. AND it will make a well-meaning clerk's day a little bit more stressful. -lenstu (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) I think that's extraordinarily lame and petty and won't accomplish what you think it will. The clerks likely won't care why you're returning the sets, they'll either repackage them and sell them as scratch'n'dent, or they'll make their way (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) Unfortunately, if you did get enough people to do it, I'm thinking the pressure retailers would put on LEGO might be to stop selling LEGO. :( (This is the Business world we're talking about here.) Are the mismatching colors such a big deal (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) A better idea is to goto the store and pop all the boxes... It'll take far less money, time and effort on your part. You won't even have to leave the store to do the same damage. It can be just like the glory days of Bionicle a few years ago (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

Maybe a better idea would be to call up Consumer Affairs and complain about your sets. Then at least LEGO would get the message, as they probably wouldn't via the retailers. Kevin ---...--- Railroad Depot kit: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) Since everyone is bashing John, I thought I'd offer a diferent point of view. At first read, I kinda like the idea. It MIGHT get the retailers to put pressure on LEGO. But then I think about the fact that it seems a little unethical to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

snip (...) snip (...) C'Mon Jason... the simple fact he wanted to post it anonymously implies to me that he knew this idea was juvenile and probably not even worth our time... If he really wanted to give me something to sink my teeth into on this (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

Excellent idea John, can you imagine if our Founding Fathers had the same attitude as the people who've flamed you in this thread? We'd still be subjects of the English crown! -timewarp back to 1776- George Washington: We should defeat the redcoats (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) Then don't complain to me when LEGO is no longer selling in your area, because all of the stores in your area can no longer afford to sell it there. Harv, I fail to see what the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness have anything to do with (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) It's not only unethical. It's illegal. It's called shoplifting. A while back, where I live, there was a hullabaloo about people who were abusing store return policies, by knowingly buying products with intent to return them later. It centered (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) I happen to think that the new colors look suspiciously like Mega Bloc colors.........*shudder* Jen (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) This is in reply to John's post, and a few of the other replies to John's post: Why not just boycott LEGO products for the first six months or so? You get away from abusing store policy, having retailers pull LEGO products, and sneaking a (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) Well, our local reseller actually voiced similar concerns - not about people doing this on purpose, just the flow of normal customers returning opened sets because LEGO obviously botched the colours. He already gets pointyhaired when I mention (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) Yeah, maybe John's idea is not that *brilliant*. At least he's trying something. Anyone has a better one idea that wouldn't mind to share?? Much appreciated, Paulo Renato (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) Yeah, try this. Organize all your friends. Convince a local TV station to cover your "color boycott-in" as you arrive at TRU to not buy new Gray Lego. They ought to eat up the idea! It's right up there with TI discontinuing home computers, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) All that time could be spent airbrushing as well :D (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) My vocabulary and my talent to express my opinion on it in english are not enough, so maybe somebody could translate it if you're interested in? Was John hier vorschlaegt, nennt man in Deutschland "geschaeftsschaedigend", so ein Aufruf kann (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: an idea for the new colors in the 2004 sets

(...) Humm, John, As an "adult" and "responsible" person that you are, I think that your attitude is very shamefull. - first, try to know why color change is happening? - second, life is always full of changes, therefore we can ALL adapt to it. - (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)