 General / 43446
  Pick-a-brick Packing website?

Can someone respond with the link to the website that gave the analysis of how to pack the Pick-a-Brick containers? I would really appreciate it. I spent the better part of 2 hours searching with no results :( Thanks, Jim F. (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?

(...) I haven't seen a website on packing, but I do remember this post: (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?

(...) Thanks for pointing that link out. I will have to fiddle with the large and small cups I have. If anybody has pictures of the process I will be glad to host them and the "how-to" on my site to go along with my LLCA PAB page. Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?

(...) number Chris came out with-- I was thankful!) into a large cup, and (IIRC) 71 2x4's into a small cup (though I didn't try as many techniques with the small one). Someone in our group (Doug Eaton, IIRC) also posted that he was able to fit 292 (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:Hny5x7.1DE6@lugnet.com... <snip> Although we didn't check thoroughly, it appeared that we could actually fit FEWER flowers by stacking than by haphazardly dumping-- So I'd guess when your (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?

(...) Was the lid still able to 'lock on' with the 137? I can fit 124 2x4's into the large container with the top locking on, and i can fit 140 with the top just placed on top and looking like it fits (but not locking). What pattern are you using to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?

(...) IIRC, yes-- I might have been able to squeeze in a few more if it was "barely on". (...) I layed them in with studs facing sideways, stacked on their short ends (so the edge it's laying on is the 2-stud wide, 1 brick tall face). I stacked them (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?

(...) I'll repeat the information here that I sent to Mark P. in a private e-mail. The lid definitely locks on there with all 137 2x4's inside and more. My "secret" is that some of the layers can be wider than 8 studs, allowing a 2-stud gap in the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?

(...) And how about the european 1 litre bags? And don't stack the 8 x 8 bricks 'cause it's a pain to get them apart later :) So far I think I normally get around 200 bricks in each bag. But I just toss them in, shake a little and repeat until it (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pick-a-brick Packing website?

I can show you how to easily get 136-2x4's, 1-2x2, 21-1x4's and 18-2x2's in and get the lid to snap shut! (URL) I'm sure with a little work you could get another 2x4 in there in place of something else but this pattern is easy to build. If total (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.general)